S&T's TSBroadcaster CDL
TSBroadcaster 3 Common Download (CDL) is a configuration of TSBroadcaster which is suitable for delivery of OCAP code images and firmware to OpenCable-complient devices. Its features include:
- Generation of CVTs Type 2 which are broadcast:
- down a DSG Broadcast Tunnel type 5, or,
- via the DAC web service interface, or.
- via the Cisco BFS
- creation of DSM-CC data carousels containing the code image
- data carousels are streamed down DSG application tunnels, the in-band FAT channel or placed on a tftp site
- TSBroadcaster 3 CDL is installed on a TSPlayer system with one output
- includes an easy to configure software multiplexer which handles a variety of input sources; supports PID filtering and remapping
- ASI or Gigabit Ethernet outputs
- Peer groups for n+1 redundancy
TSBroadcaster can generate multiple transport streams and can connect to one of more TSPlayer systems, each controlling a single transport stream broadcast.
A high degree of fault tolerance can be achieved by using a hot swappable spare of TSBroadcaster 3 CDL. A master/slave pair of TSBroadcasters monitor each other and the slave takes over the role of the master if the master fails.
An ASI switch, available from a number of third party suppliers, can swap TSBroadcaster or TSPlayer outputs from a failed system if required. TSBroadcaster uses the Peer Groups feature to implement n+1 redundancy.
- OCAP code images need to be encapsulated in signed PKCS#7 format for the OCAP receiver to authenticate the code download
- CVTs delivered via DSG Broadcast Tunnel must also be inserted in a PKCS#7 signed data file
- TSBroadcaster 3 CDL provides a "CVT Signers" interface, where the CVT will be sent to an external tool for signature if the CVT needs to be signed
- UniSoft offers a CVT signing web service for the OCAP Security File Generator which allows CVTs generated by TSBroadcaster to be sent to OCAP SFG for signature.
Common Download Play-out
- Downloads may be scheduled for with a control policy of either "Download Now" or "Deferred Download"
- Generates additional CVT descriptors: MAC Address, Group_ID and Host_ID
- Carousel lead time capability
In-band FAT Channel Locator
- source ID, or,
- frequency, modulation mode and MPEG program number, or,
- frequency, modulation mode and PID.