CCBinder inserts interactive application triggers, carried in CEA-708 Standard Caption Service 6, into MPEG-2 multi-program transport streams. Currently ATSC 2.0 uses such an approach to signal ATSC interactive applications. These may be Triggered Declarative Objects (DTOs) or NRT Declarative Objects (NDO).
CCBinder is a comand line tool designed to be used as part of an early binding progress. For live trigger insertion, we recommend using the TSBroadcaster plugin which sends the appropriate URL to an EEG closed caption inserter (such as the HD490).
Typically the following arguments are provided to CCBinder:
- caption-triggers-xml - xml file containing definitions of URLs to be inserted as captions into service #6.
- output-ts-file -output file to contain the source file packets with inserted caption triggers.
- programnumber - program number on which to insert caption triggers.
- input-ts-file - transport stream source file.
- bit-rate - bit rate in bits per second of the input-ts-file which is required if a stable pcr bit rate cannot be found (e.g. 19.39e6)
CCBinder requires at least Java 1.7 to be installed as the default Java Runtime Environment for the machine on which it is run.
- Application trigger inserter for static MPEG video. Places ATSC 2.0 and other URLs into CEA-708 closed caption service #6.
- Includes CCAnalsyer, a simple transport stream analyser which displays the contents of all CC services.
- CCBinder accepts file input or UDP source specific multicast.
- Grapahical display of trigger analysis available from S&T's Channel Monitoring software.
- CCBinder also supports carriage of EBIF application IDs, allowing signaling of EBIF applications via CC#6.